We are the only San Diego area bar association dedicated specifically to the advancement of LGBT issues throughout California and the nation.
We present quarterly continuing legal education programs and many opportunities for learning, developing careers, building friendships, networking and socializing within the legal community.
In addition, committee involvement allows you to explore issues of common interest such as writing amicus briefs, developing continuing education courses, vetting candidates for bar-related organizations and judicial office.
Some highlights of your membership include:
- Discounts on events, paid MCLEs, and 50% off on your National LGBT Bar Association membership
- Occasional free CLE programs hosted by THLA, or free or reduced-cost CLE programs co-sponsored by THLA and hosted by other bar associations.
- Networking forum and mentorship opportunities
What We Do
- Continuing legal education
- Amicus briefs
- Judicial evaluations and endorsements
- Law student scholarships
- Business development receptions
- Quarterly networking receptions
- Law student mentoring program and kick-off event
- Annual dinner
- Continuing legal education programs
Who We Are
Our Members Include:
- Past presidents of the San Diego County Bar Association
- Community leaders
- The United States Attorney for the Southern District of California
- The San Diego District Attorney
- Attorneys in private practice and law firm partners
- Government attorneys
- Law students